After suffering a traumatic brain injury there are many things to think about. The medical expenses, future treatment, and all of the options available. If a patient sustains brain injury that is the result of negligence they are entitled to compensation.
For patients who have recently been through trauma that resulted in brain injury or have a family member that has, contacting Los Angeles brain injury lawyers should be a priority. It is important that a patient know all of their options and rights regarding brain injuries.
Here is a list of rights that trauma patients have:
- As a patient you have the right to make decisions that involve your treatment while in the hospital and under medical care.
- Patients who are not able to make their own decisions are allowed legal representation (if there is any) or treatment in accordance with medical standards.
- Patients and legal representatives have the right to information about treatment in a form that is accessible to the patient.
- Patients have a right to treatment that respects their cultural and religious values.
- Patients have a right to deny treatment
If you have further questions about your rights as a patient, you should seek legal council. Knowing what options and rights you have as a patient can make the recovery process a little easier. Informed patients and family members can make better decisions about their overall well being and treatment. Additionally having the comfort that you are informed can make a world of difference even if it is just a simple comfort.